The Maggi diet is a low calorie weight loss food that lasts 4 weeks. The daily diet uses foods high in protein and the intake of fats and carbohydrates is limited.
The name of the diet comes from Margaret's name when the nutrition plan was created by the Mayo Clinic specifically for Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in the eighties of the twentieth century.
There are two varieties of diet - eggs (based on the use of eggs, fruits, vegetables and meat) and curd ("dacha"). Maggi curd diet is used for allergy to chicken eggs and involves replacing each egg with 100 g of curd.
Subject to all dietary rules, you can lose 3 to 5 kg weekly. As a rule, the weight goes away during the first week by reducing swelling and release of excess water from the body, and then the process of losing weight can become slower.
To make the Maggi Egg Diet 4 weeks more effective, you must adhere to the following diet guidelines:
- The daily diet should consist of 3 main meals. In case of severe hunger, it is permissible to eat a non-starchy vegetable (carrot, cucumber), but not earlier than 2 hours after the main meal.
- Do not use sugar in any form.
- Only include foods that are allowed in the diet in the menu and do not disturb the order of meals.
- Drink at least 1, 5 liters of water throughout the day, including tea and coffee without sugar.
- Do not use vegetable, butter and other types of cooking oils.
- Do not use spices too much, as spices contain important malas that increase appetite.
Dos and don'ts (table)
Foods that can be eaten during the diet are low in calories as they contain a minimum of fats and carbohydrates. In addition to protein products such as eggs and meat, it is allowed to include vegetables in the menu, mainly raw.
The minimum amount of low fructose fruit and berries should be included in the diet of the Magee diet. On average, you can eat up to 300 g of a variety of fruits and berries to choose from per serving. Day.
|Mad||What you can eat||What You Can't Eat/strongxzzxtd>|
|Pastries||Yesterday's Wholemeal Bread||White bread and pastries, soft and hard wheat pasta|
|Meat, poultry||Turkey, chicken, rabbit, veal||Lam|
|Fish||Low fat fish (flounder, hake, cod, pollock, pollock, etc. ), seafood||Mackerel, herring, belugas, halibut, saury, sprat, beards, sturgeon|
|Dairy Products||Low fat cottage cheese (not fat free), low fat cheeses||Fat cottage cheese, cheese, yogurt with sugar, heavy cream|
|Grain||All types of grain from grain|
|Vegetables||Peppers, broccoli, all kinds of cabbage, fermented sauerkraut, carrots, onions, garlic, cucumbers, tomatoes, green peas, mushrooms, spinach, lettuce, sorrel||Potatoes|
|Fruit||Apricot, cherry, plum, blueberry, blackberry, cranberry, lemon, lime, raspberry, strawberry, apple, pear||Bananas, grapes, melon, watermelon|
|Dried fruits||Dates, figs and other types of dried fruits|
|Beverages||Tea, coffee||Alcoholic beverages, beverages with sugar|
4 Weeks Original Maggi Diet Menu
A feature of the first and second weeks of the Maggi diet is the same breakfast of eggs and fruit, which helps the body adapt to changes in diet.
Chicken eggs contain protein, healthy fats and vitamins to ensure long-lasting satiety, so your daily breakfast for the first 14 days should include 2 hard-boiled eggs, grapefruit, tea or coffee without sugar.
From the beginning of the third week until the end of the diet, breakfast may consist of other things depending on the recommendations and individual preferences.
- Lunch: a kind of fruit.
- Dinner: Baked low-fat cooked meat with vegetable salad.
- Lunch: boiled chicken breast with vegetables.
- Dinner: wholemeal croutons, two eggs, cucumber salad, unheated tomatoes, grapefruit or orange.
- Lunch: 30-50 g cheese, wholemeal bowl, tomatoes.
- Dinner: steamed fish (300 g) with vegetables.
- Lunch: 350 g of a type of fruit.
- Dinner: boiled meat, vegetable salad with herbs.
- Lunch: 2 eggs, 300 g of a dish of your choice (boiled carrots with green peas or stewed courgette with beans).
- Dinner: 200 g fish (grilled, baked or cooked), green salad with cucumbers and Chinese cabbage, grapefruit.
- Lunch: up to 300 g of fruit.
- Dinner: 250 g of meat with a vegetable salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and dill.
- Lunch: chicken breast, 150 g stewed vegetables (cabbage, courgette, tomato, pepper), fresh tomato, 1 grapefruit.
- Dinner: vegetables of the same type (cabbage or courgette), cooked by boiling or stewing.
- Lunch: salad with vegetables (cucumbers, green salad, onions) and chicken breast.
- Dinner: two eggs, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and herbs, grapefruit.
- Lunch: boiled or baked meat, fresh vegetables (including green salad).
- Dinner: two soft-boiled eggs, grapefruit or orange.
- Lunch: grilled meat with cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Dinner: same as the previous day.
- Lunch: stew (cabbage, courgette, carrots), 30 g cheese, 2 eggs.
- Dinner: two hard-boiled eggs.
- Lunch: any quantity of boiled fish.
- Dinner: two soft-boiled eggs.
- Lunch: meat, tomato, a grapefruit.
- Dinner: fruit salad.
- Lunch: stewed or cooked vegetables (carrots, beets, cabbage), poultry, grapefruit.
- Dinner: As breakfast.
At this stage, the Maggi diet is limited to the list of specified foods for each day, from which 4 meals are formed independently.
Monday: Unlimited Fruit.
Tuesday: any amount of vegetables allowed (raw and stewed).
Wednesday: Fruit salads, raw and steamed vegetables.
Thursday: fish, cucumbers and tomatoes.
Friday: meat or poultry, cooked vegetables.
Saturday: A fruit all day.
Sunday: same as the previous day (other types of fruit are allowed).
As in the third week of the Maggi diet, the menu shows the daily ration, divided into meals throughout the day in any order.
- 200 g of meat, fish or poultry,
- 1 slice of toast or crouton bread,
- Tomatoes (3 pcs. ),
- Cucumbers (4 pcs. ),
- Grapefruit or orange.
- Everything except fruit, like the day before,
- two fruits of your choice (grapefruit, orange, apple or medium-sized pear).
- 1 tablespoon cottage cheese,
- 200 g low-fat cheese
- The Vegetable Casserole,
- 2 cucumbers and 2 tomatoes,
- Toast or bread,
- Eat half a boiled chicken all day,
- 3 tomatoes,
- 2 cucumbers,
- 1 whole grain bowl,
- Grapefruit and another fruit to choose from.
- Salad with fresh vegetables of your choice
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tomatoes,
- 2 boiled breasts,
- Cottage cheese or feta cheese (150 g),
- A glass of yogurt,
- 3 cucumbers and 3 tomatoes,
- Grapefruit or orange.
- canned tuna in its own juice (1 can)
- vegetable stew (200 g);
- a tablespoon of cottage cheese;
- toast or bread
- two tomatoes and a cucumber;
Ending the diet
A long-term low calorie diet is a serious burden on the body, therefore subsequent nutrition at the end of the fourth week must be properly organized.
After completing the Maggi diet, like other low carbohydrate meals, the likelihood of eating too high starchy and sugary foods increases.
To avoid overeating after a diet, include food in your diet according to the following principle:
- Every 3 days, increase the number of slow carbohydrate meals (buckwheat, bulgur, quinoa, bran beans, rye bread) by 20-25 g until the total weight of carbohydrate diet reaches 250-200 g per day. day;
- the amount of non-starchy vegetables should be half of the total daily diet;
- you can eat a large fruit or berry in an amount of 100 g every day;
- do not include sweets in the diet, as the body during the diet has lost the habit of sweets, so you should not transform addiction;
- eat 3-4 times a day and minimize the number of snacks at other times;
- Do not eat 3 hours before bedtime.
As the Maggi diet consists of a large amount of protein foods that create an additional burden on the kidneys and liver, this diet should not be used by people with such pathologies as:
- renal failure
- elevated uric acid in gout.
You should also not use the Maggi Diet for Eating Disorders (ED), namely people who are prone to anorexia, bulimia and binge eating disorder, as low calorie eating can aggravate the ED problem.