Today we provide an informative overview of the weight loss program for women and men - kefir diet. Whether you use it or not, it is up to doctors, professionals. We only suggest that you familiarize yourself with this next type of dietary restriction. And at the end, read the expert's opinion.
Perhaps the kefir diet is the most common program based on mono-nutrition. It owes its popularity to the general availability and low calorie content of kefir. The fermented dairy product contains substances that gently cleanse the intestinal tract and remove excess water from the body. Weight loss is also achieved by accelerating the metabolism.
Despite the seemingly significant positive aspects, there are still negative aspects and it is worth knowing about them.
Why kefir is good for weight loss
Kefir deserves attention, not only because it contains many beneficial bacteria and fungi. This unique set of valuable nutrients helps the function of our digestive tract properly and helps you feel full for a long time. The dietary properties of the product deserve special attention. Regular consumption of a fermented milk drink also helps to get rid of extra pounds. And all because, as mentioned, it normalizes the work of the gastrointestinal tract. And thanks to this, food is digested faster (the result is therefore active weight loss).
But there are some tricks here in terms of not only the quality of the drink but also its compatibility with other products.
Basic principles of kefir diet
Let's go through the basic principles that the program dictates:
- The main ingredient is kefir. Its fat content is 1%.
- Fractional nutrition involves the use of 6 glasses of kefir during the day.
- Adhere to the drinking water norm: drink as much clean water as your body asks for. Rarely does this number exceed a few "prescribed" liters. Warm, significant physical activity - and maybe that's all.
What to expect from your diet
Most diets are for short-term use. Proper nutrition that you can live for years and decades must be balanced. However, the vast majority of diets are "skewed" towards any nutrient (BZHU) and therefore have a fairly strict time frame. Although you can get rid of a few extra pounds in a short amount of time, the weight returns quickly even after severe limitations. Nutritionists do not recommend sticking to this express method for a long time.
"Fasting days" on kefir are a relatively safe event for health, the purpose of which is to cleanse the body. Do not confuse "solution" with fasting. Completely refuses food, a person slows down the metabolism a lot, energy is used very sparingly and the body tries to keep the weight off with all possible forces. It will be hard to lose extra pounds in such a situation. A fasting day, on the contrary, speeds up the metabolism thanks to regularly delivered food.
"Reading" is often used during dieting to move an arrow on the scale when weight loss has stopped.
Pros and Cons
Kefir weight loss program has its advantages and disadvantages. Its main positive aspects include:
- normalization of the digestive tract;
- Improving well-being.
And here are the undeniable disadvantages:
- Insufficient intake of nutrients in the body
- the body receives few calories, so during the diet you will have to refrain from physical exercise.
The creators of the diet guarantee a loss of 3-7 kg in a very short time. Maybe that's true. But beware, salt that holds fluid in the body is completely excluded here. And that means that during the diet period, the body simply loses a large amount of water. After all, burning so much subcutaneous fat in a few days is simply out of the question. But when all the lost kilos are water, the weight returns very soon.
First of all - individual intolerance. The doctor will also advise to refrain from the kefir diet for people suffering from gastrointestinal diseases: stomach ulcers, gastritis, colitis and others.
How to make a diet kefir
Getting this drink at home is a moment. Its biggest difference from the store's counterpart is the durability: at home it is shorter (only one day). This is due to the naturalness of the product.
You will need one liter of 1% cow's milk. The same store kefir can serve as a sourdough.
- heat milk to 40 degrees Celsius;
- add a tablespoon of kefir;
- immediately after adding the starter, pour the mixture into a jar and leave in a warm place for a day;
- after 24 hours, homemade kefir is ready.
What products can replace kefir in the diet if you can not eat it
Kefir contains fungus that increases the acidity of the stomach. Therefore, the diet is contraindicated for people suffering from a high level of it. But there is a solution to the problem: replacing the fermented milk drink with a special sourdough. It is a ready-made mixture that contains several types of bacteria. It can be purchased at a pharmacy or specialty stores. At first glance, the mixture does not look alive at all. But bacteria are simply dried in a special way to increase shelf life. When they are in a favorable environment, they come to life. And you get homemade delicious kefir, which can be cooked if you follow the instructions on the package.
Kefir diet options
Nutritionists around the world have developed many varieties of kefir diet, which we will now talk about. However, they differ from each other in terms of terms and limitations. The more stiffness, the shorter the duration.
A major disadvantage of all diets is psycho-emotional stress. Are you ready to withstand such a test mentally? The most important thing in dieting habits is the mental attitude. Losing weight should be a conscious and correct goal. If you force your body and force yourself to do what you do not really want to do, you may fall into a state of stress. And this already threatens with prolonged depression and the appearance of health problems. Therefore, do not take diets as a duty, but as a benefit to your own body.
Kefir diet for 3 days
And here's the toughest (respectively - short-lived) option. The diet consists of 1, 5 liters of fat-free kefir and two liters of water.
Reading a one-day kefir diet
Lent does not always bring the desired results, but at least such a short program is easier to implement than a long nutritional restriction.
Here the menu is similar to the previous option.
Winter kefir diet for 3 days
The winter diet is more varied and nutritious than the summer diet. Kefir is used as a snack, for an afternoon snack and before bedtime: one glass at a time. The permitted products are as follows:
- chicken eggs;
- carrot stew;
- chicken fillet;
From this list you can only eat any product once during the whole diet (three days). It's hard to call this option strict, do you agree? You can lose up to 1 kg a day. But will such an outcome be long-term? Alas, of course not. After all, this leaves excess fluid and not subcutaneous fat. And it instantly replenishes "its capacity" when the restrictions are lifted.
Kefir diet for 5 days
The program is similar to the three-day variant. The difference lies in the addition of a kilo of fruit or vegetables a day as well as the ability to eat lean meat.
This diet acts as a detoxifier and is well tolerated. At the slightest sign of malaise (weakness, dizziness) the diet should be stopped immediately. The return to your usual eating pattern should be gradual.
Diet for 7 days
This variety is the most popular. The diet consists of 0, 5 liters of fat-free kefir and 400 grams of the following products:
- cottage cheese;
A little "but": you can only eat one of these foods every day.
The sixth day of the diet should be "hungry", that is, you can drink only water, as nutritionists unanimously say: you can not!
From the name of the kefir-apple program, it is already clear that the main ingredients are kefir and an apple. This combination should be taken six times a day. The duration of such a diet does not exceed three days.
A longer version of the hard kefir diet for 8 days
The result of such a program is expected to lose approx. 5 kg. Every day, drink half a liter of kefir and eat the following norm for products:
- 1 day - 400 grams of potatoes;
- Day 2 - 500 grams of dried fruit: eg prunes are also good for reducing weight;
- Day 3 - 500 grams of cottage cheese;
- Day 4 - 500 grams of sour cream;
- Day 5 - 300 grams of chicken fillet;
- Day 6 - any fruit;
- Day 7 - 3 liters of kefir;
- Day 8 - water.
Diet for 9 days (3 + 3 + 3)
The diet is rather long and heavy, which is why breakdowns are not ruled out. For the first three days, drink one and a half liters of kefir and divide them into equal portions. The other three days - one and a half kilos of apples, the last three days - again one and a half liters of kefir.
Striped Kefir Diet
The diet is called "striped" because its program is divided into "light" and "dark" days.
What to eat on dark days:
- lean meat, fish;
- fruits, vegetables.
The ration of "bright" days is more modest - 1, 5 liters of low-fat kefir.
Fruit Kefir Diet
You can follow such a program for a maximum of five days. The daily intake consists of 1, 5 liters of kefir and one kilo of fruit. All this is divided into equal parts.
Diet from a famous singer
The singer's weight loss system consists of combining separate meals with fasting days on kefir. Carbohydrates here need to be eaten separately from protein, and a few days a week to sit on a kefir.
Detailed menu for each day
If a doctor has recommended you and you decide to try the kefir method, your diet will look like the one described below. For the first five days, in addition to the main ingredients, you should also consume 1. 5 liters of kefir.
On the first day, you are allowed to eat four potatoes cooked in their uniform.
The second day you can eat 150 grams of skinless chicken.
On the third day you can please yourself with 200 grams of beef.
150 grams of cooked white fish fillet.
Meat fans will have a hard time on Friday because the diet consists of only a kilo of apples or vegetables. In summer you can lean on watermelons.
We only return to water and low-fat kefir.
Sunday is the same as Saturday.
Useful Recipes for Weight Loss
We tried to make a selection of useful recipes for you that will help you lose weight quickly and harmlessly, albeit in a short time:
- The most common dish prepared from kefir is ground buckwheat. It is very easy to brew it. In the evening, rinse and steam the grains. For breakfast, mix grains that are poured overnight with kefir. Sugar, butter and salt are not added to the soaked buckwheat porridge.
- Flax with kefir. The dish has a mild laxative effect. This is due to the presence of fiber, which helps the intestines to empty itself. The production method is simple: the seeds must be soaked in kefir. There are several options for using the dish: You can substitute a late dinner, a snack or eat like that all day. In addition to flaxseed, you can use flour.
- Beets are used to make smoothies. To do this, grate it and mix with a glass of kefir. Whisk the resulting mixture in a blender. You can try cooking beets. You can make a banana-kefir smoothie the same way.
- Cucumber-kefir okroshka is a good option for a fasting day. For taste you can add celery, decorate the dish with fresh herbs: dill or parsley. Cucumbers also contain a useful substance - tartaric acid, which prevents the conversion of carbohydrates into fat. Therefore, those who want to lose weight should include cucumbers in their diet.
- Cinnamon and ginger. These spices are mixed with kefir and water. The main properties of such a drug are diuretic, laxative effect.
- Golden "milk" with the addition of turmeric. It is clear that we are losing weight and we will have to replace cow's milk with kefir.
- Dilute kefir with soda in the following proportions: pr. liters of drink - a teaspoon of soda and vegetable oil. This cocktail is good for bowel cleansing.
- Hercules also cleanses the intestinal tract well. You can make a smoothie with oatmeal, prunes and linseed oil. It is best to take the drink on an empty stomach in the morning. Muesli can be poured in the same way.
- Chia seeds can be used to make a diet shake. For a glass of kefir, they need 1-2 teaspoons.
- Eating bran is also aimed at cleansing the intestines.
How to get out of the kefir diet
At the end of your diet, try using a variety of low-calorie foods in your diet. Let proper nutrition (PP) become your lifestyle so that you no longer have to "sit down" on a strict diet.
Reviews and results of those who lost
Most reviews on the Internet say that using this program is very possible to lose weight. People lose 3 to 12 kg in relatively short periods. But all as one writes that the weight is coming back. And all due to the fact that it is not fat that burns, but excess fluid leaves (we have already talked about this). So is it worth exposing your body to such severe torture? This is hardly to your great advantage.
Kefir diet - not effective, does not provide satiety, is not balanced. Frequent abuse of it forms restrictive eating disorders. But only use kefir regularly or regularly - most of us are very possible.