Diet for arthritis and high uric acid: what you can and can not eat? A competent diet for arthritis is the same element in therapy as medicine, physiotherapy and therapeutic exercises. Use of banned products reduces the effectiveness of treatment, fills the cells with purines and provokes the active production of uric acid. The result is increased discomfort, severe joint pain, increased swelling and poor blood count.
When developing a treatment regimen, the doctor reminds the patient how important a diet is for arthritis and uric acid, what is possible and what is not. The table of foods that positively and negatively affect the metabolism of uric acid in the body helps you compose a menu for arthritis for each day.
The main point of arthritis diet is to control the production and excretion of uric acid. Such a nutritional system helps to improve well-being and reduce pain as a result of which the disease recedes.
The consequences of not dieting for arthritis include:
- kidney disease (gouty nephritis);
- development of renal failure
- arterial hypertension and cardiovascular damage
- damage to other internal organs with the formation of rheumatic nodules (heart, lungs, brain) in them;
- damage to all joints and the development of erosive arthritis.
It should be noted that this diet does not cure, but only promotes an accelerated release of acid and salts during exacerbation of osteoarthritis. It also reduces body weight significantly, which plays an important role in the recovery of the body after difficult drug treatment.
Basically, the consumption of simple carbohydrates (fresh wheat bread, sugar, honey, sweets, confectionery and flour products) and less complex carbohydrates (cereals) decreases. Meat intake is limited to 1-2 times a week. Meals in small portions (fractionated) up to 5-6 times a day, plenty of fluids, especially weakly alkaline mineral water.
Vegetables and fruits are best eaten raw, but can be baked and cooked. As the diet is physiologically incomplete, it can be prescribed for a period not exceeding 2 weeks.
Dietary guidelines for arthritis
It is important to follow a few guidelines for shaping your daily diet. Diet for arthritis and high uric acid - what you can and cannot do contains the following rules:
- Eat the right fats. When reducing the level of animal fat in the diet, include vegetable oils, especially olive oil, sunflower oil, corn oil.
- Loses weight. Excessive body weight aggravates the course of the disease, causes disturbance of renal function, excludes the possibility of normal excretion of uric acid. If you are overweight, reduce the energy value of your diet.
- Drink a lot. In the absence of edema and normal renal function, abundant fluid intake is recommended. It is important for you to drink at least two and a half liters of fluid a day, including plain water with the addition of lemon juice as well as fruit and berry juices, herbal teas, rosehip decoction and milk.
- Tag a multivitamin. It is especially important to use a sufficient amount of vitamins C, PP and B2 to correct the condition.
- Eat foods that make your urine alkaline. These include almost all fresh fruits and berries. Their value in the diet also lies in the high content of potassium, which has a diuretic effect.
- Drink alkaline mineral water. It alkalizes the urine, making its composition active against uric acid. An alkaline urinary reaction helps to dissolve dangerous compounds and reduces the risk of disease progression.
- Cut out alcohol. Alcoholic beverages interfere with kidney function, eliminating the possibility of uric acid being excreted from the body. Even their periodic intake can provoke an attack and aggravation.
- Reduce salt content. Salt itself contributes to the deposition of uric acid crystals in the joints. Its increased content in food reduces the intensity of urine excretion and causes edema, eliminating the diuretic effect needed during exacerbations. Keep your salt intake to a minimum.
It is also worth arranging fixed days. Free your body from heavy food once a week. What's good for you is one-day monodieter on low purine foods. In the summer, arrange regular days on watermelons, which perfectly remove uric acid and salts from the body. Use cucumber and apple mono diets in the spring and fall. Potato is good in winter. All of these foods are rich in potassium and fiber that are valuable to you.
Diet for arthritis during a worsening
During an exacerbation of arthritis, a properly chosen diet will help get rid of unpleasant painful symptoms and restore the mobility that a person loses during the development of inflammation. Meat and fish products can be completely excluded from the menu.
Nutrition for arthritis involves more frequent fasting days (every other day). In case of aggravation, you can use the following menu for 1 day:
- On an empty stomach: half a glass of preheated mineral alkaline water or rosehip decoction (chicory can be used).
- Breakfast: half a serving of oatmeal (it must be liquid), a glass of milk.
At 11: 1 glass of apple juice. Instead, you can eat raw apples (1 pc. ).
- Lunch: soup made from mashed vegetables (half portion), milk-based jelly.
17: 00: carrot or tomato juice (glass).
- Dinner: half a serving of liquid milk porridge, 1 glass of fruit compote (strawberries, pears, apples).
9 pm: a glass of kefir.
- At night: tea with milk and honey (not desirable for diabetes mellitus) or green tea without sugar - 1 glass.
This menu can be used until the symptoms of inflammation in the legs disappear.
What can you eat with arthritis?
Arthritis is a complex disease that requires a responsible attitude and adherence to the principles of good nutrition. Therefore, it is necessary to understand what you can eat with arthritis. The product table helps us with this.
Diet for arthritis and high uric acid - what you can eat, dining table:
|List of foods you can eat:||Usage Features:|
|Black or white bread, unpleasant cakes.|
|Marshmallow, jam, marmalade, marshmallow, non-chocolate, ice cream.|
|Cereals with milk, vegetarian borscht, potato soups with cereals, salads from fresh and pickled vegetables, vinaigrette, vegetable caviar, vegetables, milk or sour cream.||Milk must be diluted in this case.|
|Oranges, tangerines, green apples, dates, persimmons, dried fruits (except raisins), strawberries, lemons, apricots, pears.||Of course, you should not only eat fruit and in large quantities. Nutrition must be complete and varied.|
|Dill, corn, beets, onions, garlic, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, cucumbers, courgette, eggplant, tomatoes, pumpkin (helps improve metabolism).||Garlic is the most beneficial as it helps eliminate the inflammatory process. In addition, vegetables are actively used on fasting days. Potatoes and cucumbers have a large amount of potassium, therefore they increase the excretion of uric acid from the body.|
|All grains except legumes.||Beans are on the list of foods that should not be eaten as they contain uric acid and in large quantities.|
|Marine squid, crustaceans, shrimp, lean fish (salmon, trout), squid.||These foods are very beneficial for arthritis. The diet provides boiled fish and it is advisable to drain broth.|
|Rabbit, turkey, chicken.||Any meat should be eaten 2-3 times a week and not more than 170 g.|
From drinks you can: green tea, tea made from fruits and berries, tea with milk and lemon, juice (any, even tomato), herbal tea, fruit drinks, fruit and berry compotes, fresh cucumber juice, alkaline mineral water for arthritis so very useful, rosehip broth, chicory.
What should not be eaten with arthritis?
If the patient has a lesion in the joints of the legs, find out what you can not eat with arthritis. The fact is that during the diet it is recommended that some foods (even fruits) are not ingested as they contain a certain amount of purines. It is impossible to cure or at least eliminate the symptoms without proper nutrition.
Diet for arthritis and uric acid with high content - what not to eat, dining table:
|Meat and poultry||smoked, raw smoked and cooked sausages, small sausages, sausages, meat of young animals, fatty pork, offal (lungs, liver, kidneys), preserves|
|Dairy products, eggs||salty and spicy cheeses|
|Seafood, fish||fatty, salted, smoked or fried fish (sardines, sprat, cod), caviar|
|Grain products||lentils, beans, soybeans, beans|
|How||cream cakes, pastries|
|Corrector||meat, fish or mushroom soup, sorrel soup and dishes with legumes and spinach sauces based on the above broth, mayonnaise|
|Spices||pepper, mustard, horseradish, hot spices|
|Fruits, berries||grapes, figs, raspberries|
Beverages should not be consumed: alcohol, especially beer and wine; coffee, cocoa, strong tea (despite the fact that the beverages presented contain purines, they do not break down into uric acid, but they have a strong diuretic effect that contributes to dehydration).
Sample menu for arthritis
A therapeutic diet for arthritis reduces the risk of recurrence of the disease, relieves pain and normalizes the urinary tract. In addition, such a nutritional system contributes to the normalization of body weight and is one of the principles of a healthy lifestyle.
Diet for gout and uric acid high in urine - do's and don'ts, sample menu:
- Before meals: a glass of rosehip broth.
- 1 breakfast: tea with milk, coleslaw.
- 2 breakfasts: vegetable juice.
- Lunch: borscht with vegetable broth, a piece of cooked meat with white sauce (maximum 100 gr. )
- Afternoon snack: a glass of rosehip broth.
- Dinner: buckwheat with milk, vegetable bowl rolls.
- Before bedtime: fruit juices.
- Before meals: a glass of rosehip broth.
- 1 breakfast: tea with milk, beetroot salad dressed with butter or sour cream.
- 2 breakfasts: vegetable juice.
- Breakfast: vegetable soup with barley, schnitzel from cabbage.
- Afternoon meal: fruit juice.
- Dinner: carrot chops, jelly.
- Before bedtime: watermelon or a glass of yogurt.
The list of dishes can be combined, do not forget that the effect of diet treatment can only be achieved and consolidated for a long time if it is fully adhered to.
Recipes for Arthritis
Recipes for arthritis are very simple to prepare and do not require any special preparation or specific set of foods. Everyone can repeat them at home.
1 carrot, 1 scallion, mushroom, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, ½ teaspoon sugar, 2 tablespoons sunflower oil, cream 30 g.
Clean and chop vegetables. Put the boiled carrots and onions in a pan with heated oil, set them on fire, let them simmer for 7-8 minutes. Add spinach leaves and mix to puree. Add lemon juice, sugar and let it boil, put cream on a plate when serving.
3 chicken eggs, 100 g semolina, 100 g sugar, 2 packets cottage cheese, 200 g low-fat sour cream, dried fruits, salt, soda, rinsed with lemon juice.
Mix all the ingredients thoroughly, add 0, 5 teaspoons of soda, rinsed with lemon juice, raisins. Pour the resulting mass into the prepared baking tray and bake in the oven at 180 degrees until slightly flushed.
Steamed chicken meatballs with sauce
Chicken fillet 350 g, 70 g onion, 30 ml milk, 1 chicken egg, 150 g boiled rice, 70 g white bread, pepper. Salt, herbs. For sauce: 150 g carrots, 200 ml chicken broth, 50 g greens, 70 g onions, vegetable oil, 50 g sour cream, 15 g wheat flour, salt, pepper, green onions for serving.
Cut the chicken fillet, put it in a blender, add the onion, raw chicken eggs and bread soaked in milk, pepper, dry dill. Sand thoroughly. Add boiled cold rice, fine table salt and kneaded minced meat to meatballs, leave for 20 minutes in the fridge. We form meatballs and cook for a few 6-8 minutes. Saute onions and carrots, add chicken broth, herbs, wheat flour, salt to taste, sour cream. Heat over low heat. Put the steamed meatballs in the finished sauce and cook for another 5-6 minutes, sprinkle with green onions.
Casserole with eggplant and minced meat
Eggplant, flour, vegetable oil, onion, garlic, minced meat, tomato paste, cheese, cream, black pepper, salt.
Sprinkle the sliced eggplant slices with salt, pepper to taste, roll in flour and fry slightly in vegetable oil on both sides. Add the garlic and onions until golden brown, add the minced meat and simmer for 3 minutes. Add tomato puree, pepper and salt and water (1/2 cup) Let simmer for another 2 minutes. Layer eggplants, minced meat and grated cheese, pour with cream and bake for half an hour in a preheated oven, temperature - 180˚С.
Pumpkin puree soup
Water - 1 liter, pumpkin (pre-peel) - 500 g, butter - 2 tbsp. l. rice - 2 tbsp. l. , milk - 2 tbsp. , sugar - 1 tbsp. l. salt - on the tip of a knife.
Place the diced pumpkin, washed rice, salt and sugar in a saucepan, add water and cook until tender. Pour butter with melted butter, rub everything through a sieve or grind with a blender and pour boiled milk in. Let the soup boil and fill with boiled cream.
To avoid painful symptoms, seek medical attention at first warning signs and carefully follow all doctor's recommendations. Including those relating to nutritional adjustments. An experienced nutritionist will help you compose the right menu that tells you what to eat with an increased concentration of uric acid and what foods to give up forever.